Custom Power Transformers
Transformers are electromagnetic devices which transform energy from an electrical circuit into energy in a magnetic circuit, and then back to electrical energy. Using this process, transformers can efficiently transfer power between two or more electrically isolated circuits or convert voltages and currents to desired levels.
Types of Custom Power Transformers
General Transformer designs and manufactures both single and three-phase transformers with toroid or laminated steel cores, with multiple windings, taps, and other features as required for your specific application. In addition, General is one of the leading producers of constant voltage ferroresonant transformers.
These custom ferroresonant transformers provide reliable regulation with the rugged design your application needs. They protect sensitive loads from noise, surges, and other disturbances.
These custom transformers are designed for compact applications, provide high efficiency in a smaller size and lighter weight.
For higher power ratings, we design and manufacture custom three-phase transformers that are a cost-effective, high-quality option for industrial applications.
Our inductors are custom designed and manufactured to meet your needs, whether that’s multiple windings, taps, or a gapped steel core.
Our unique series of line conditioners, the EMAX Defender series, offers the durability and efficiency needed for sensitive electronic equipment.
Your Best Source for Custom Transformers
As an industry-leading custom transformer manufacturer, General Transformer Corporation has 200+ combined years of transformer manufacturing experience. Our expertise reflects our passion for transformer design and production. Whether you have a small or large project, we are a transformer manufacturer you can trust for all your custom transformer needs.
Other benefits from working with us on your next custom transformer project include:
- Automation. We offer full engineering services with quick prototype delivery. We also offer bar code and part serialization services with data storage for as well as automated production testing with LABView Software.
- Quality. As an ISO 9001 certified manufacturer, we adhere to strict quality standards. These standards include guidelines for process, personnel, equipment maintenance, and instrumentation controls.
- Quick Turnaround Times. Time is money. We carry a large stock of materials that enables us to deliver prototypes or finished products on time.
- We also have the manufacturing capabilities to produce both small and large production runs. Multiple vendor relationships allow for quick deliveries for specialty parts.
- Location. All manufacturing done in the USA. Our manufacturing facility is centrally located in the US for quick transit times.
- Customer Relationships. For over 40 years we have built long-lasting relationships with our valued customers. We are ready to work with you and exceed all expectations.
We are dedicated to providing you with the engineering support, productivity advances, quality, and delivery performance you deserve. Contact us to discuss your custom transformer needs or request a quote today.
Industrial Applications for Custom Transformers
Applications of our custom transformers include:
- Power supplies
- Circuit Control
- Portable Power distribution
- Battery chargers
- AC filter inductors (reactors)
- DC smoothing inductors (chokes)
Custom Transformer Factors to Consider
Available ratings depend upon several factors including:
- Power requirements
- Maximum voltages
We can produce laminated steel isolation transformers with ratings from 100 va to 60 kva for 50/60 Hz, operation, autotransformers to 120 kva, and transformers for 400 Hz operation to 20 kva or more.