Custom Power Transformers
Transformers are electromagnetic devices that transform energy from an electrical circuit into energy in a magnetic circuit, and then back to electrical energy. As few applications have identical requirements, most industrial jobs need a custom power transformer built to your exact specifications. At General Transformer, there are no off-the-shelf transformers. Our USA-made products are custom engineered and manufactured to match your design needs. We build:
- Laminated steel isolation transformers with ratings from 100VA to 60 kVA for 50/60 Hz operation
- Autotransformers to 120 kVA
- Transformers for 400 Hz operation to 20 kVA or more
- And other configurations or capabilities
Whether you need a specific temperature rating, size, or mounting configuration, we work closely with you to create transformers with the proper magnetic topology for your application. Contact us today to learn more about how custom power transformers from GTC can enhance your OEM facility, manufacturing operation, or other industrial jobs.
Types of Custom Power Transformers
Whether you have a small or large project, we are dedicated to meeting each of your specifications. Available ratings and transformer capabilities depend on several factors. Before beginning your order, always consider the following aspects:
- Power requirements
- Maximum voltages
We design and manufacture both single and three-phase transformers with toroid or laminated steel cores, with multiple windings, taps, and other features as required. If you are unsure which specifications or configurations are best for your planned use, call 972-442-1285 to speak with an expert.
General Transformer is one of the leading producers of constant voltage ferroresonant transformers and other ferroresonant designs. These custom power solutions provide reliable regulation and feature rugged constructions to withstand harsh environmental conditions. They protect sensitive loads from noise, surges, and other disturbances.
Custom toroidal power transformers are designed for compact applications, providing high efficiency in a small and lightweight package. They feature a ring-shaped magnetic core to provide lower losses, reduced operational noise, and single bolt mounting.
For higher power ratings, we design and manufacture custom three-phase transformers. Three-phase transformers are a cost-effective, high-quality option for industrial applications due to their lightweight constructions and flexible performances.
Industrial Applications for Custom Transformers
Custom-manufactured power transformers from GTC are engineered to provide efficient and reliable operations for any industrial application. Examples include:
- Power supplies
- Circuit control
- Portable power distribution
- Battery chargers
- And much more!
GTC is Your Best Source for Custom Transformers
As an industry-leading custom transformer manufacturer, the team at General Transformer Corporation has over 200 years of combined transformer manufacturing experience. Our expertise reflects our passion for transformer design and production. Benefits of working with GTC include:
- Full engineering services with quick prototype delivery, bar code and part serialization services with data storage, and automated production testing with LABView software
- Adherence to strict quality standards for process, personnel, equipment maintenance, and instrumentation controls
- Quick turnarounds as we carry a large stock of materials and maintain multiple vendor relationships to deliver prototypes or finished products on time
- All manufacturing completed in the USA at our facility in Wylie, Texas
Contact us or request a quote today to discuss your custom transformer needs.